[PD-dev] [PD-Dev] : compiling pd-extended for Gentoo 64bits.

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 11 18:02:30 CET 2008

Hey,

What happens if you just change it so that the x86 target works for
both?  It seems that the code in the if statements is the same.
E.g., change this:

          *86-*-linux*)

to this:

          *86*-linux*)

Then that should work for both x86 and x86_64.

.hc

On Mar 11, 2008, at 3:55 AM, Peter Brinkmann wrote:

> Hi all,
> I recently managed to compile OSCx on my 64-bit machine (FC6 with
> Planet CCRMA) by adding the appropriate compiler options to
> configure.ac.  I'll attach the modified file.
>
> By the way, I'm about to embark on a project that'll probably
> involve PD and OSC.  I'm getting the impression that I should use
> mrpeach's net/osc objects rather than OSCx.  Is that right?
> Best,
>    Peter
>

> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> If you get this working it would be great if you can submit a patch
> to the tracker:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=55736&atid=478072
>
> Or at the very least a bug report:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=55736&atid=478072
>
> .hc
>
> On Mar 9, 2008, at 4:47 PM, Mysth-R wrote:
>

>> 2008/3/9, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>:
>> hi
>>

>> Mysth-R wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I've got some difficulties trying to compile pd-extended on my
>> 64 bits
>> > gentoo.
>> > I have downloaded latest pd from the svn and use the latest pd
>> official
>> > release (0.41-2
>> > https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk
>> >
>> > here is my error message :
>> >
>> [...]
>>

>> > make[4]: entrant dans le répertoire «
>> > /home/mysthr2/logiciels/musique/pure-data/externals/OSCx/src »
>>
>> > cc -Wl,-export_dynamic -shared -o sendOSC.pd_linux sendOSC.o
>> htmsocket.o
>> > OSC-system-dependent.o -L../../../pd/bin -lpd -lc -lm ../libOSC/
>> libOSC.a
>> > /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-
>> linux-gnu/bin/ld:
>> > cannot find -lpd
>>

>> for whatever reasons you are trying to link against libpd which
>> does not
>> exist.
>>
>> Well, I don't know, I have just downloaded pd-extended from svn...
>>
>> try removing the "-lpd" from the makefile.
>>
>> yes thank you it works.
>>

>> > Does Pd-extended is compatible with 64 bits arch ?
>> > Do I missed something ?
>>

>> i don't know, but this is not the problem here....
>>

>> btw, i would suggest to remove OSCx from pd-extended and replace
>> it by
>> some abstractions based on osc/net (i have them lying around
>> somewhere)
>>
>> Ok but at this moment I have some patch working with OSCx so, I
>> would like to make it work. But yes perhaps I should use another one.
>>
>> Thank you for the help :)
>>

>> --
>> *
>> *  <= Aide Auditive =>
>> *
> [...]

----

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra