[PD-dev] calling external code(.dll) from pd-external(win32xp)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 12 21:25:56 CET 2008

If you just want your external to link against another dll, that
happens automatically with the MinGW build system.  There are lots of
externals that do this that are included in Pd-extended (as well as
the DLLs).

.hc

On Mar 12, 2008, at 4:05 PM, best boy wrote:

> ok, thank you very much for your help
> LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress do the job now.
> and it seems to work :)
> bye
> bb
>
> > From: martin.peach at sympatico.ca
> > To: ladataxi at hotmail.de; pd-dev at iem.at
> > Subject: RE: [PD-dev] calling external code(.dll) from pd-external
> (win32xp)
> > Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:00:21 +0000
> >
> > best boy
> >
> > >maybe this is a misunderstanding. i try to explain.
> > >i want to write a pd external (which will be a dll on win).
> > >this pd external should contain code to call functions from
> another dll
> > >which is not pd-related
> > >

> > I think you would still use the same two functions: LoadLibrary
> to load the
> > dll and GetProcAddress to find the address of the function you
> want to call.
> > It won't make any difference if you call the dll from another dll
> or an exe.
> > LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress() are part of the Windows API
> and not
> > related to pd.
> >
> > Martin

> which are
> > >dlls

> Kostenlos bloggen + eigene Homepage + Fotospeicher = MSN Spaces
> Kostenlos!

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White