[PD-dev] naming loaders: pdlua, tclpd, etc.

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Thu Mar 13 19:39:06 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> XXX
> ---
> lua.pd_linux

^^ this is what I use.  The project as a whole is called 'pdlua' but the
external for Pd is called 'lua', like '-lib lua' and [lua].

> tcl.pd_linux
> haskell.pd_linux

^^ this is probably what I will use if I ever resume work on my Haskell
external, or maybe 'ghc.pd_linux' if it depends on that Haskell
implementation.

The extra 'pd' in the other alternative are redundant.

> Any perferred name?  I don't think I have a strong preference of any
> name, but I do think there should be a simple, standard naming scheme.

Remove redundant 'pd's.

Claude