[PD-dev] vamp plugins for PD (GSoC)

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 09:14:23 CET 2008

Hi,

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 19:26 +0100, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> For me, as I am interested in DSP and similar things, it would be also
> nice to additionally add new or other MIR/feature extraction algorithms.
> However, I think that it would be better to add such algorithms to
> libxtract or any other vamp plugin collection, then also other projects
> would benefit from it.

I completely agree with that. This was my original motivation for
writing libxtract as a C library rather than a set of Pd objects.

> But on the other hand this wouldn't be a pd-only project, so I don't
> know if it is suited for the GSoC program ... but in the end they would
> be also available in pd - through the VAMP plugin host external ;)

Yes, it would be great if some improvements got made to libxtract as a
'side effect' of the Pd GSoC! Something that might be interesting would
be a set of MIR-inspired abstractions that use the libxtract/aubio
bindings + the Pd machine learning objects ([knn], [ann_mlp], [ann_som])
to do common tasks - e.g. speech recognition, audio segmentation with
labelling etc. A kind of Pd MIR toolkit.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk