[PD-dev] names of 'pd' tags

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Mar 17 17:29:22 CET 2008

Hey,

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/tags/pd/

I just added tags for 0.41.0 thru 0.41.2.  Those tags for 'pd' are a
bit of a mess, so I would like to propose cleaning them up.  First, I
think we can ditch the 'pd-' prefix since they are already in a
folder called 'pd'.  Second, I think we should use the very standard
'.' as the separator between numbers.  Third, for test releases, we
can use the dash, so that they sort before released version.  So
something like this:

pure-data/tags/pd/0.40-test1
pure-data/tags/pd/0.40-test5
pure-data/tags/pd/0.40.0
pure-data/tags/pd/0.40.1
pure-data/tags/pd/0.40.2
pure-data/tags/pd/0.40.3
pure-data/tags/pd/0.41-test5
pure-data/tags/pd/0.41.0
pure-data/tags/pd/0.41.1
pure-data/tags/pd/0.41.2

- I think we should probably also clean up the "pd-0.39-3",
"pd-0.39-3-again", "pd-0.39-3-oncemore", , "pd-0.39-3-really" to be
just the right 0.39.3.

- do we need the test versions listed in the tags?  There are only a
couple existing anyway.

----

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/