[PD-dev] s_inter.c crashes

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 25 05:20:29 CET 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Miller Puckette wrote:

>> 0x0004326b in sys_domicrosleep (microsec=134217727, pollem=4427984) at
>> s_inter.c:180
>> 180	s_inter.c: No such file or directory.
> Looks like you're already using GDB to look at the crash, but apparently
> Pd wasn't compiled with GDB symbols...  if I'm right about that,

No, this looks like Pd was compiled with GDB symbols, else you wouldn't
see argument names, source file names, and line numbers.

However, full help from GDB requires source files to be present on the
computer, preferably where they were when Pd was compiled, and if they're
somewhere else, then GDB has to know, in order to have GDB automatically
fetch lines from source.

Anyway, you don't need the lines from source. You have that source code.
What you're missing is the rest of the backtrace (at least frame #1,
perhaps #2), and the version number of the source.