[PD-dev] string support and generic types

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Mar 27 19:34:34 CET 2008

Hey,

IOhannes and Miller worked out a solution for declaring generic
types, it didn't sound to hard to implement.  For the next Pd-
extended release, I think we'll probably should remove the Martin's
string patch in favor of this approach.

I want to include the string support, but I think it is important
that it is included in a way that will remain useful when things are
changed to support this generic atom registry.  It should also be
backwards compatible, and I don't have a clear idea of whether it is.

----

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.