[PD-dev] garrays loading

Sylvain Le Beux artheist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:11:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

Thanks Iohannes for that, I was actually stupidly trying to pass (argc,
argv) to the dsp function, hence the crash.
So, now it works as it should, at dsp start.
But there is still a problem though, as I switch the dsp on and off, and on
... it clicks when it restarts ...
It actually does continue the playback where it was (as I wanted to be), but
with an annoying click.
In the tabread example, it needs a sig to trigger the samples, but I don't
want to.
I want the arrays to be loaded once for all at instantiantion, and then
doing my processing.
I thus guess that it may be due to the 64 samples buffer length, that is
sweeped out when turning off.
Am I right ? Is there a solution to cope with that ?
Does the dsp on call the dsp function and dsp off the dsp free function ?
What if I don't have a dsp free function ?

I could send some code, but I think I can't handle the problem once I more
precisely understand how Pd API works.

Best

Sylvain