[PD-dev] Pd on the iPhone SDK

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Apr 7 07:59:22 CEST 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 06:07:16PM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Anyone tried to build Pd with the iPhone SDK?  It seems like it
> should be pretty straightforward, since it has CoreAudio.  I'll bet
> even Tcl/Tk will run on it.

Doesn't Apple have to sign your binaries before they'll run on the iPhone
hardware?

According to a random blog post:

"Since all iPhone applications must be properly signed for iTunes to
process them and for the iPhone to load them..."
<http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/28/rumors-iphone-application-key-reportedly-leaked/>

I find the idea of spending time porting FOSS software to such a
restrictive platform completely uninteresting. When they allow the
freedom for users to run the software they choose on the hardware that
they have purchased and legitimately own 100%, then it might be worth
paying attention again.

Best,

Chris.