[PD-dev] windows xp auto-build login

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 9 21:21:36 CEST 2008

Hey all,

IOhannes asked on #dataflow about the winxp autobuild machine:

> do you have any idea what happened to the xp-autobuild machine i
> have access to?
> that is: to it's /usr/local/include

I thought I'd answer here so it's in the archives.  When you log into
the winxp machine, you are logging into the Cygwin environment.  Pd
is built in the MinGW/MSYS environment.  It is a limited shell, but
still useful for interactive work, and you need to use it to
reproduce the Pd auto-builds.

I created a shell script /usr/local/bin/msys to make it easier to
start up MSYS.  Just type 'msys' from Cygwin, and it'll start the
MSYS shell.

More on that machine here:

http://puredata.info/about/WindowsXPI386

----

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.