[PD-dev] windows xp auto-build login

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 10 13:31:34 CEST 2008

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> can the auto-build install on any OS where the "include" directory does
> not exist yet?

it configures fine on linux if the /usr/local/include directory is
non-existant.
it refuses to configure if /usr/local/include is a file instead of a
directory.

> I guess that you could try it out with something like
> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/test where /tmp/test exists but
> /tmp/test/include does not.

i haven't tested it, but i was under the impression that "--prefix" is
there to specify the installation-target (according to "./configure
--help") and has nothing to do with the compilation stage.

however, my problem is that configure stops when trying to test whether
the compiler is able to produce executables, because gcc fails when it
tries to access the content of /usr/local/include/

gmasdr,
IOhannes