[PD-dev] windows xp auto-build login

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 10 17:10:06 CEST 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 4:07 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> I created a shell script /usr/local/bin/msys to make it easier
>>> to  start up MSYS.  Just type 'msys' from Cygwin, and it'll start
>>> the  MSYS shell.
>> thank's i will try that.
>
> unfortunately it just gave me another error:
>
> gcc bla.c
> bla.c:0: fatal error: can't open C:/cygwin/tmp/ccgPaaaa.s for
> writing: Permission denied
> compilation terminated.
>

> does anyone now how to set gcc's temp directory?

The problem is with MSYS's tmp directory, it should work now.  MSYS
via ssh is a hack, but it's handy to have.  All I can say is treat
lightly and be careful, it is a bit fragile in this setup.

I'll be on #dataflow all day, if you still have troubles.

----

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.