[PD-dev] pd external memory weirdness

tim redfern pd at eclectronics.org
Tue Apr 15 16:18:49 CEST 2008

Hi I don't know if this the right place to post a question/plea for help
but,

I'm trying to write an external, that uses a pthread to do some speech
synthesis without interrupting pd audio.

I'm getting a very strange problem.. its leaking memory when invoked
within the thread.

After further investigation, I find that even a simple malloc/free is
leaking all the memory it's allocating, even when called in the main pd
thread, if there is another thread being created- its as if the act of
making a new thread completely confuses malloc.

Any thoughts, would this be something to do with pd or with the c
library (glibc/ubuntu)?

Thanks

Tim