[PD-dev] changing glob_setfilename() to handle spaces in the dirname

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 28 06:05:34 CEST 2008

Currently, the function glob_setfilename() is defined in g_canvas.c
like this:

void glob_setfilename(void *dummy, t_symbol *filesym, t_symbol *dirsym)

That means when you send names from tcl using [pd filename], any
spaces in the directory name get dropped.  I propose adding this to
g_canvas.c and then using that for the 'pd filename' callback
instead.  glob_setfilename() would then be left since it is used
interally and in some extenrals:

void glob_setfilename_gimme(void *dummy, t_symbol *s, int argc,
t_atom *argv)

How does that sound?  Any better approach?

----

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.