[PD-dev] changing glob_setfilename() to handle spaces in the dirname

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 28 17:56:22 CEST 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 4:43 AM, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> How does that sound?
>
> Hacky.  What about multiple consecutive spaces? etc

Multiple consecutive spaces would be turned into one space.  That is
true.  I am sure there are other names that won't make it thru.

>> Any better approach?
>
> Some sort of escaping mechanism to allow spaces (and other characters)
> to be safely transmitted in symbols in both directions.

That would be nice, but not so easy, for whatever reason.  I think
that has been on the table for years.  Do you have any ideas on an
escape mechanism?

In the mean time, I've used this binbuf technique in some externals
and it has worked pretty well.  I think it is a decent hack until
there is a real escape mechanism.

.hc

>> .hc
>

> Claude
> --
> http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf