[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1325663 ] Higher CPU load in 0.39 than older versions

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 28 20:13:21 CEST 2008

Bugs item #1325663, was opened at 2005-10-13 11:06
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by piotrmajdak
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1325663&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Updating to 0.39 I noticed that most patches use more
CPU than in previous versions. Configuration: OS:
Windows 2000, ASIO driver activated.

CPU Load without any patch loaded:
- 0.38.3: 2%
- 0.39: 4%

CPU Load with a patch:
- 0.38.3: 3%
- 0.39: 40% (!)

CPU Load with comport object receiving data from serial
port:
- 0.38.3: 3%
- 0.39: 25%

It seems to depend on audio channels used: more
channels higher CPU load. It is hardware independent
(several sound interfaces tested with different computers).