[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1572290 ] serious troubles with folders with non-ASCII chars on WinXP

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun May 11 21:48:51 CEST 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1572290&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
>Category: puredata
>Group: None

Initial Comment:

On Windows XP, you cannot save a new file to any
directory that has non-ASCII characters in it.  For
example, if someone has an accented E in their
username, then their home folder will be in
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME, where USERNAME is
the name with the accented E.

The work around is to save to the root of C:\, then
move the file to the directory with the non-ASCII
chars.  After that, it is possible to save changes.
But the only way to open the file is to double-click it
and let it open via file associations.  File->Open
crashes Pd-0.40-2 and nothing happens on
Pd-0.39.2-extended-test5.

This has been confirmed on Pd-0.39.2-extended-test5 and
Pd-0.40-0, on Windows XP US and Spanish editions.