[PD-dev] two embedded prefs for Mac: default and override all

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 13 21:11:25 CEST 2008

SourceForge.net wrote:
>> Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
>
> That could work.  I don't think this will cover every possibility.  I
> think a more straightforward approach would be to handle very special
> hardware setups in the patch rather than the preferences.  I think the
> preferences should be general things, since you can't really query or test
> for failures with the preferences system.

interesting, i would have done it the other way around: everything but
the hardware should be handled in the patch, as these are the settings
that make the patch load correctly.
the hardware cannot be foreseen by the upstream author, so the user has
to take care of that (they hopefully do know which hardware they are using)

> For the built-in audio, it almost always just works, so specific
> configuration isn't needed.

well, the only apple machine i have regular access to, has it's built-in
audio not connected to anything and keyboard/mouse are dislocated from
the machine (separate rooms).

mfgad.sr
IOhannes