[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1965261 ] gop-enabled object not highlighted when selected

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri May 16 12:58:56 CEST 2008

Bugs item #1965261, was opened at 2008-05-16 12:58
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1965261&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.41.0

Initial Comment:
Tested on Win XP

Usually when you select an object in PD its border is highlighted in blue (as opposed to its usual black border), and it keeps blue as long as it is selected.

However, if the selected object is a gop-enabled subpatch or abstraction, it often looses the blue highlighting of its border, so you can't tell it's selected.

This is especially annoying when the object is selected as a result of a "find" or "find last error", because you can't see at all what object has been found.
In those cases, I often think "Well, I'll use the arrow keys to move the selected object, so I'll see which one it is", but for some reason it does not work, nothing moves (yet the "find last error" says it HAS found an object).

The "find last error" case is related to another bug that I will post separately: a "find last error" shouldn't in the first place give as a result a whole gop-enabled subpatch!! It should open it and select the object producing the error (I'm talking about gop-enabled subpatches/abstraction without inlets nor outlets, so if the error is "Inlet: expected x but got y", the guilty inlet belongs to something INSIDE the indicated gopenabled object"