[PD-dev] problems with hexloader in Pd-extended

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun May 18 09:20:09 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I just added hexloader into Pd-extended 0.40.3-20080517 on Mac OS X
> 10.4.11/Intel and tested it, and I got to odd things.  First, when I
> load [>~], or any of the abstractions based on [expr~] for the first
> time, [expr~] doesn't load.  If I load [expr~] first, it works fine.
> If I load another abstraction with a regular name, [expr~] loads fine.
>
> When I try to load [.], I get this:
>
> load_object: Symbol "0x2e_setup" not found
>   .
> ... couldn't create

hmm, could you post the verbose output.

also increase versbosity (i think the [hexloader] will give more
information on verbose-level 2)

> When I try to load [==~] (0x260x260x7e.pd_darwin) I get this:
>
> load_object: Symbol "0x3d0x3d0x7e_setup" not found
>   ==~
> ... couldn't create

ah, i think there is still a bug with loading abstractions;
unfortunately i have enabled the hex abstraction-loader by default
(which is currently not a very good idea, as it refuses to load
abstractions within abstractions); i will disable it by default

fgmasdr
IOhannes