[PD-dev] problems with hexloader in Pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun May 18 14:52:48 CEST 2008

On May 18, 2008, at 9:20 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> I just added hexloader into Pd-extended 0.40.3-20080517 on Mac OS
>> X  10.4.11/Intel and tested it, and I got to odd things.  First,
>> when I  load [>~], or any of the abstractions based on [expr~] for
>> the first  time, [expr~] doesn't load.  If I load [expr~] first,
>> it works fine.   If I load another abstraction with a regular
>> name, [expr~] loads fine.
>> When I try to load [.], I get this:
>> load_object: Symbol "0x2e_setup" not found
>>   .
>> ... couldn't create
>
> hmm, could you post the verbose output.
>
> also increase versbosity (i think the [hexloader] will give more
> information on verbose-level 2)
>

>> When I try to load [==~] (0x260x260x7e.pd_darwin) I get this:
>> load_object: Symbol "0x3d0x3d0x7e_setup" not found
>>   ==~
>> ... couldn't create
>
> ah, i think there is still a bug with loading abstractions;
> unfortunately i have enabled the hex abstraction-loader by default
> (which is currently not a very good idea, as it refuses to load
> abstractions within abstractions); i will disable it by default

I deleted the abstractions to test loading binaries.  The
abstractions seem to load fine, but then won't load [expr~].  It's
the binaries that are not loading at all.

.hc

> fgmasdr
> IOhannes

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White