[PD-dev] the future of [declare] and canvas_savedeclarationsto()

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 19 20:03:19 CEST 2008

I think this issue is pretty clear, and the languages that I know
would fall along the lines of "each patch/abstraction has its own
namespace" or in other words "#include only affects the one .c
file",  "import only affects the one .py file", etc.  So I agree with
Frank.  Global settings are global, and canvas-local settings are
local to the original file.

The "semi-functional" part is the full paths that Marius mentioned.

Then the other question is how to use something like "#X declare"/
canvas_savedeclarationsto() in externals.  I'd like to create an
[import] modelled after Python's import does, so I'd like to use "#X
declare"/canvas_savedeclarationsto() with it.

.hc