[PD-dev] bang [block~] to query current blocksize

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 23 09:00:54 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I just had a thought, what about adding an outlet to [block~] that
> will output the block size as a float when [block~] is banged?  I
> can't think of any other way to query what the current block size is,
> and it would be useful sometimes.

banging [switch~] allows you to do dsp processing on demand.
since [block~] and [switch~] are so closely related (on the Pd side they
are very similar (with [switch~] being a better [block~]); on the C side
they are the basically same) i would suggest to do any additional
overloading.

i agree however, that it would be nice to get the current blocksize,
overlap and oversample from within Pd.

gfmdasrt
IOhannes