[PD-dev] bang [block~] to query current blocksize

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat May 24 10:38:11 CEST 2008

Hallo,

> On May 23, 2008, at 9:48 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
>
> > Or, how about three extra outlets to samplerate~ (so as not to have
> > to add
> > more to the top-level namespace)

> Hmm, while the idea of a single object is good, I think the object is
> clearly called "samplerate" so getting the rest of that info from it
> doesn't really make sense.

I agree with Hans (except for the top-posting reply style) and would
like to add that instead of separate outlets, maybe a single outlet
would be better, that spits out messages prefixed with "blocksize N",
"overlap M", "samplerate O" would be better as it could be extended
with other messages later. Notice that I included "samplerate" here:
such an object could be a general info object for the dsp state
([dspinfo~]?)

Ciao