[PD-dev] bang [block~] to query current blocksize

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun May 25 12:31:08 CEST 2008

Quoting Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>:

> with other messages later. Notice that I included "samplerate" here:
> such an object could be a general info object for the dsp state
> ([dspinfo~]?)

i think it is a good idea, but some remarks which nobody has mentioned yet:

afair [samplerate~] will give you the system-samplerate which might be
different from the patch's samplerate. that's one of the reasons why i
don't like miller's suggestion.

[dspinfo~] sounds very generic too: i would expect to give me
information about the system's dsp state rather than a patch's state.

this might be nitpicking.

anyhow, it would be nice to have an object telling me whether dsp has
been turned on (or off!) in a certain sub-patch (as well as giving
more info on this).
i think the [r pd][route dsp] approach is a kludge...

mfgasdr
IOhannes