[PD-dev] bang [block~] to query current blocksize

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun May 25 20:48:22 CEST 2008

On May 25, 2008, at 5:29 PM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>
>>> i think the [r pd][route dsp] approach is a kludge...
>>
>> Maybe this:
>>
>> [dsp(
>> |
>> [s pd]
>>

>> [r pd]
>> |
>> [route dsp]
>

> exactly this is the kind of "kludge" i am talking about. i hope
> that "kludge" means something really bad and ugly, as this is how i
> use this word here.

You mean it's a kludge if there isn't a special object for this?  I
think conceptually, it is like sending to the pd "object" itself.  I
mean that if you send [; pd dsp( then you'll get a reply with the
current state.   The only problem there is that [; pd dsp( could be
interpreted as [;pd dsp 0( if there is no different between lack of
an argument and an argument initialized to 0.

.hc

> mfgasd.r
> IOhannes

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom