[PD-dev] changing [declare -stdpath] behavior

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu May 29 01:51:45 CEST 2008

while we're at it:
i noticed, that pd's path on linux pd is hardcoded into the binary,
which means, that [declare -std*] doesn't work as expected, if you
choose a different install directory (without recompiling), whereas on
windows there is no hardcoded path of its own, which, IMO, is good,
because you are free to put your pd binaries whereever you want. on
windows it is easily possible to distribute a pd based project on a cd
and run it directly from there, where this would cause troubles on
linux. is that something, that could be fixed? or is there a
well-founded reason for this?

roman