[PD-dev] changing [declare -stdpath] behavior

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 29 09:40:06 CEST 2008

Steffen Juul wrote:
> I agree with Roman. Just got a question, below.
>
> On 29/05/2008, at 0.34, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I think the same would apply to -stdlib:
>>
>> [declare -stdlib <somedir>]
>
> How does that work when, say, Gem is installed into '/path/to/pd/
> extra/Gem/Gem.<platform>'? Is it [declare -stdlib Gem/Gem] or
> [declare -stdlib Gem]?

both are valid.

> I think the later fits your simplicity-layout for the '-stdpath'
> option, but i thought that then the lib need be directly in "extra"
> not in a subfolder there of? If so would that then mean that one are
> to do both [declare -stdpath Gem] _and_ [declare -stdlib Gem] in the
> same Pd-patch for that to work?

you would have to do that anyhow, since Gem comes with abstractions that
are living in extra/Gem/.
i have no real solution for this yet: one possibility would be to add
the path to the binary to the searchpaths once the library is loaded
(similar to [import]); the code is already there in Gem (but usually
disabled at compile-time, iirc)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes