[PD-dev] Understanding Pd source code

Tarakajian, Samuel Samuel_Tarakajian at brown.edu
Mon Jun 2 17:03:04 CEST 2008

Hi all,

So I was hoping to write a sound editing application using Pd to do all the signal processing.  More exactly, I wanted to use pieces of Pd's sound processing architecture without other parts of Pd, like the GUI.  It seems like to do this would require a very in-depth understanding of the Pd source code, but even after reading every document in the Developer's section of the Pd website, I still understand very little of how Pd works.

Could someone point me in the direction of a guide to the Pd source code (assuming such a thing exists)?  Or, failing that,  is there someone in particular who might have some insight whom I should talk to?  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

-Sam