[PD-dev] Messaging between Pd and GUI

Tarakajian, Samuel Samuel_Tarakajian at brown.edu
Thu Jun 5 01:54:05 CEST 2008

I think what I'm going to do is launch Pd with the -nogui flag and then send messages to the core through the socket connection.  From launching pd with the debug flags it seems to me as if pd-gui communicates with the core not by sending actual, meaningful messages (like "obj 0 0 someobject 0") but rather by actually sending all the mouse movement and keystrokes, which I"m assuming the pd-core then uses to figure out what objects to create and so on.  I do not want to emulate this; instead I'd like to communicate with the pd-core with the more meaningful messages that can be used to control pd sans gui (like those at the end of g_canvas.c).  Does anyone know where I can find a list of all these messages and their input/output?  That would be swellcakes.

-Sam