[PD-dev] 0.42 overwriting class-definitions...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jun 14 16:05:09 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> (example: an abstraction in "lib/" has a table that you ask to open
> "foo.wav" in "snd/" -- should that mean "snd/" relative to the
> calling patch (the normal thing to expect) or relative to the
> abstraction?)

That's indeed a very tricky issue, as it also may mean that we'd need
to track where a message originated. Said table in lib/abstraction.pd
may actually *want* to open a file relative to itself in
lib/snd/default.wav instead of relative to the calling patch, for
example to preload a certain soundfile shipped with the abstraction.

Ciao