[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2000075 ] make install install lib files outside DESTDIR

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 22 18:13:23 CEST 2008

Bugs item #2000075, was opened at 2008-06-22 18:13
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2000075&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
when installing Pd to some PREFIX, but using a different DESTDIR, in order to package the contents, the lib directory gets installed outside the DESTDIR, causing a potential access violation (i.e. when running the install under a sandbox)

practical example:

$ cd pd-0.41-4/src
$ ./configure --prefix=/Applications/PureData
$ make
$ make DESTDIR=/home/me/pd-pkg-temp install

now if I look at the installed files, I find:

$ cd /home/me/pd-pkg-temp
$ find .
.
./bin
./bin/pd
./bin/pdsend
./bin/pdreceive
./man
./man/man1
./man/man1/pdsend.1.gz
./man/man1/pdreceive.1.gz
./man/man1/pd.1.gz
./include
./include/m_pd.h

which is good, but missing the whole 'lib' directory.

the 'lib' directory was installed in /Applications/PureData/lib, not respecting the DESTDIR setting

I could get a "permission denied" error if I didn't have write access to the real /Applications/PureData

(patch 1997142 solves the problem)