[PD-dev] please remove old pdlua from SVN

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Mon Jun 23 15:20:32 CEST 2008

On Mon, June 23, 2008 2:31 pm, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> i would like to be able to
> check out as much as possible from the same repository. i think, that is
> also the main goal of pd-svn, isn't  it?

I cann't answer that question, which relate very mush to the thread
"svn:externals, pd-extended, SVN and the goal of it all", as such. But
just state that i totally support people in maintaining their software
where they think it makes sense or feel comfy. As an example, GEM is not
in the SF-Pd repo either.

Releasing and distributing software is a different matter. Wherever it is
in a hub, has some package manager support, supports a "defined" format
for distribution or not.

The only thing i wish for, as a user, is some sort of version number per
release. I know some people thinks the increasing revision number provided
by, in this case, the SF-SVN-Pd repo works as version numbering. I think
that it doesn't due to fragmented state of the repo. I admit it would work
as some sort of version numbering if, say, list-abs, had it's own, say,
SF-SVN repo.

But if you don't at the same time want to flush QA down the plug hole,
you'd need to develop the software some where else till it has become
mature/ready for a new release. In which case your using the first
mentioned repo as a publishing tool, and not for reversion control.

Just my two bit. - I hope i don't provoke anyone, just cause some thought.