[PD-dev] Reliable MIDI library for Windows?

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Thu Jun 26 08:35:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

I understand that MIDI objects under Windows is said to be less stable
than Linux, due to the MIDI functions under Windows API that Pd relies on.

If I were to write my own MIDI I/O external for Windows, are there such
things as alternative MIDI libraries or APIs available, or does Windows
not allow you to access MIDI devices it recognizes without running data
through its interface?

Like some posts I made about a month back, my initial goal is to get raw
MIDI in&out working, this time on Windows.

Any hints appreciated.
Thanks.

--
David Shimamoto