[PD-dev] bang [block~] to query current blocksize

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jun 28 02:05:13 CEST 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> It seems that adding an outlet to block~/switch~ seems to be the most obvious
> interface for getting the data.  Perhaps just a message then?

sending a "get blocksize" message to either object could output "blocksize $1"
through the last outlet, and likewise, "get overlap" and "get oversample" would
output those properties through same-named messages out of last outlet, and
just "get" would output all of them.

It's a scheme that I am already using in many of my externals and I will figure
out a clean way to have it happen with my abstractions.