[PD-dev] block~-overlapped canvases: samplerate wrong for dsp objects

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jun 28 11:50:42 CEST 2008

Thomas Grill wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I consider that a bug and would file a bug report, but since this must
>> have been present for a long time and must surely have been discovered
>> by other people as well it might also be a feature.... any ideas?

my personal explanation for this was always, that the "samplerate"
really means "datarate"; since you get the double amount of samples in
the same time, the doubled samplerate is somewhat understandable (though
unexpected).

i think there is even a feature request to have samplerate & overlap
(and resampling factor) exposed in the t_signal structure.
in old versions of Pd there was only samplerate, but i think this has
changed recently (iirc)

fgmadsr
IOhannes