[PD-dev] block~-overlapped canvases: samplerate wrong for dsp objects

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sat Jun 28 20:08:36 CEST 2008

Am 28.06.2008 um 11:50 schrieb IOhannes m zmölnig:

> Thomas Grill wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I consider that a bug and would file a bug report, but since this
>>> must
>>> have been present for a long time and must surely have been
>>> discovered
>>> by other people as well it might also be a feature.... any ideas?
>
> my personal explanation for this was always, that the "samplerate"
> really means "datarate"; since you get the double amount of samples in
> the same time, the doubled samplerate is somewhat understandable
> (though
> unexpected).

while it is understandable from a developer's perspective it's
certainly a bug from the user's point of view, no? (given that sample-
rate-sensitive objects behave wrong)
For osc~ it's possible to correct the frequency by using the
reblocking parameters, but that not the case for more complicated
objects.
I'll file a bug report....

gr~~~