[PD-dev] Reliable MIDI library for Windows?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Jul 1 15:16:56 CEST 2008

Am 01.07.2008 um 14:21 schrieb PSPunch:

> Did not quite catch up on weather you meant that the PortMidi
> libraries
> should work as is, or needs a simple patch applied.

portmidi is fine as it is

> In any case, yes, I do have the interest.. and time, perhaps I can
> manage.
> Is this literally a patch to be applied to the source?

the change for vanilla pd (or pd-extended) is not just a patch.
This potential patch can be deduced from the modifications that have
been made in devel_0_39, though.

> I do mainly work on pd-extended, and building either distros, I have
> not
> been very successful under windows.
>
> I am certainly sure I will learn something from it.

It's easiest to start with Miller's pd which should be possible to
build under Windows.
A patch for Miller's pd should also work for pd-extended.

gr~~~

--
Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org