[PD-dev] 'cnv' colors

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 20:53:00 CEST 2008

Hum, Thanks for this Frank. One question though, as it appears from what is
in the docs (all the numbers are "doubled", ie 1 = 0x11, a = 0xaa, etc.), do
these colors represent what you would get from the colors that get stored in
the Pd file? In other words, the 8bit format for the colors?

Thanks again.

Mike

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> Hallo,
> Claude Heiland-Allen hat gesagt: // Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>
> > Mike McGonagle wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I have a program that I have written that creates lots of small 'cnv'
> > > objects, where I am changing the colors of the backgrounds and the text
> in
> > > the object. I was noticing that when I create these cnv objects, I have
> > > use a different 'color number' to get the same color when I change it
> with
> > > the cnv 'color' message (which changes both the background and text
> colors
> > > in the same message).
> > >
> > > Is this documented anywhere as to the relation between these two
> different
> > > color definitions?
> >
> > Not as far as I'm aware, but here's my implementations that work for me:
>
> Also see this colorschemer for Pd:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-03/036005.html
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                                     _ ______footils.org__

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything we
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician