[PD-dev] removing string types from pd-extended release

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 11 22:36:30 CEST 2008

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> I edited it quite a bit. Split it in 5 parts total: the normal types,
> the messagebox-only types, the pseudo-types, the user-defined normal
> types, and the user-defined pseudo-types. By pseudo-type I mean
> something not used in t_atom::a_type. I added the GF/DD types as well.

In addition to reserving A_ATOM (12), A_LIST (13), A_GRID (14), I just
added A_GRIDOUT (15).

So far, I already use A_LIST and I'm starting to use A_GRIDOUT right away
as a replacement for my bogus use of A_POINTER. The others are for future
use. There is a slight possibility of a merge of A_GRID and A_GRIDOUT
together eventually, and there's a much bigger possibility of adding extra
types for some OpenCV things and such.