[PD-dev] sms pd external - design choices

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jul 19 17:33:02 CEST 2008

Quoting Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> It would be great to have people start using this string/blob
>> functionality, but it needs to be changed so that it'll work
>> without patching Pd itself.  IOhannes outlined this idea, and we
>> talked about it briefly in the past.
>
> How do you get [print] to print a peachy string?

in the way we (including miller) kind of agreed at LAC2008 the answer
is simple: you don't.

my initial idea of having a "type registry" (which was turned down as
it seemed to be too complicated for the "minor" (not so many devs
would probably use it anyway) feature of adding more types) would have
added a callback for the use in atom_getstring()

mfgasd,r#
IOhannes