[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1956973 ] problems with "jack fixes and enhancements" patch

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 26 06:27:57 CEST 2008

Bugs item #1956973, was opened at 2008-05-03 18:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by danomatika
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1956973&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Ok,

After upgrading to Ubuntu Hardy I tried pd with jack and everything seemingly was working.  Today I sat down to do some music using my external usb sound card (Edirol UA-25) and lo and behold Pd goes nuts.  All afternoon I have tracked down these issues using Pd-0.40.3-extended-20080408-debian-stable-i386.deb from the autobuilds.

- the -jack startup flag does not work

- if using the -jack startup flag, trying using the jack selection in Media does not work, you cannot make the jack connection to work

- starting pd without the -jack startup flag allows you to select jack from Media and make the connection

- trying to connect to jack (once again from the Media menu) if its controlling an EXTERNAL audio device immediately slows down X to about 5fps and causes Pulseaudio to stutter.  Everything is fine on killing pd.

As suggested by Hans, I tried a build before the recent jack bugfix patch (http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/branches/pd-extended/v0-40/pd/src/s_audio_jack.c?view=log) and I am able to connect to the external card running jack ... but the startup flag does not work.