[PD-dev] recording the overall state of a patch

forwind forward at forwind.net
Mon Aug 18 00:16:13 CEST 2008

Hello Everybody,

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this but could
someone point me towards ways to record/save the overall state of a
patch. What solutions do people generally use ? I was considering
writing something in python which would save/recall a patch's state via
OSC. Each patch would have to define an 'API' to facilitate this but
would work well considering hooking up python and pd via OSC is pretty
straight forward using something like pickle to serialize/deserialize a
patches state.

Best regards
Conor