[PD-dev] [declare -stdpath]: does it work?

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:48:32 CEST 2008

hi (miller),

for the project I am currently working on, I would need exactly this
behaviour: a path declaration relative to the directory of a pd-file.

I put all abstractions in a subfolder 'abs'. It would be extremely
useful if [declare -stdpath abs] (or some other command) would add this
subfolder to the searchpath for abstractions/libs. and more than that,
it would be perfect, if it would add that path at the beginning of the
directories to be searched. so that I could guarantee that the objects
from the 'abs' folder are the ones that get loaded, even if there are
other object classes that have the same name.

afaict that is how it is working now, but you said 'this is a bug'. it
is a really useful bug, and maybe we can keep it somehow. or implement
exactly this feature under a different name.

marius.