[PD-dev] dump OSC bugs?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Aug 22 18:30:56 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Forwinder hat gesagt: // Forwinder wrote:

> The funny thing as I explained above is that one of the other clients I
> used to debug this was the command line dumpOSC command line tool. this
> showed no drop out/0's. Without looking under the bonnet and with one
> wet finger high in the sky (i.e. I'm guessing) this all scarely points
> to a flaw in the PD architecture to able handle multiple OSC control
> streams properly. Is this the case or should I use a different external
> or god forbid am I being silly ?

You could use the osc externals by Martin Peach (in the "mrpeach"
directory of the Subversion repository) as a comparison. Or even
netreceive from standard Pd, but that only speaks the "FUDI" protocol,
not OSC, so would require a rewrite of the Python script but at least
FUDI is even simpler than OSC.

Ciao
--
Frank