[PD-dev] dump OSC bugs?

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 23 16:55:55 CEST 2008

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> whenever i find the time, i want to add a note into the constructor of
>> the OSCx objects, so you get a warning each and everytime you create one
>> of these objects.
>
> I think, such warnings may be a bit too patronizing.  Also OSCroute
> doesn't have any critical bugs AFAIK.
>
> Bundling some replacement abstractions build with Martin's osc objects
> for ease of transition would be useful, though, and the osc help files
> could benefit from some polishing like replacing [prepend] with a
> no-nameclash solution based on [list] etc.

Probably moving the mrpeach osc objects (routeOSC, packOSC and
unpackOSC) into an /osc folder and the net objects (udpreceive, udpsend,
tcpreceive, tcpsend, tcpclient, tcpserver) into a /net folder would be a
good idea, making them easier to find for the uninitiated.
Unfortunately it would break some existing patches that currently use
the /mrpeach prefix. And I'm not sure how much svn enjoys moving things
around like that.

Martin