[PD-dev] removing binary mime-type from .pd files in SVN

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 01:13:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:24 AM,  <ben at ekran.org> wrote:
> I keep forgetting to mark pd files as binary in my school svn and that
> often leads to svn attempting to merge them, which never works and
> requires manually editing the files.

The 'svn up' command takes an argument --diff3-cmd, which allows you
to specify an external program to use for calculating merges.  You
could point it at a script which returns 'false' for .pd files, and
passes other files through to 'diff'.  I believe there's also a config
file where you can set this so that you don't need to specify it every
time.

Really it would be better if svn could be told not to auto-merge on
update, but I think it can't.  This made me think though: it would be
a great project for someone to write a "Pd patch diff" program!  :)
To help visualize the diff between two patches. Could be fun...

Steve