[PD-dev] Problem building pdlua on MinGW (solved for now)

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Wed Sep 3 06:47:22 CEST 2008

Hi, Claude

Thank you for your patience.
I think pdlua is now working on my Win Pd-extended.. at least the
counter example is working properly.

I have sorted out the changes that were necessary.
Again, apologies for my style of reporting. This has been my first
attempt to modifying any existing C/C++ project.

------------
1. Copy the following files to the same directory as Makefile.static
  1) lua-5.1.3.tar.gz (My MinGW did not have 'wget')
  2) m_pd.h
  3) pd.dll

------------
2. Modify lua.c

- line:1271

   Before:
    extern void lua_setup(void) {

   After:
    EXTERN void lua_setup(void) {

-------------
3. Modify Makefile.static

- line:5  Comment out (#PLATFORM = linux)
- line:7  Uncomment (PLATFORM = mingw)
- line:30
   Before:
    CFLAGS_mingw = -export_dynamic -shared

   After:
    CFLAGS_mingw = -shared -D MSW -D PD_INTERNAL -I./

(After `make -f Makefile.static')
4. Copy the following files to 'extra'
   1) lua.dll
   2) pd.lua