[PD-dev] Problem building pdlua on MinGW (solved for now)

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Wed Sep 3 12:20:49 CEST 2008

Hi IOhannes,

> well obvisouly there are two clashing things:
> you want pdlua to _import_ things from pd.dll (e.g. "post()"), therefore
> you should NOT define PD_INTERNAL
> you want pdlua to _export_ things (namely "pdlua_setup()")

>> Below are the last few lines of output when PD_INTERNAL is not defined.
>

> you should never ever define PD_INTERNAL when you are not writing Pd
> internals (hence the name).

I think lua_setup() needs to be 'exported' in order to be read
externally with Windows DLLs.
So, if the only route to have m_pd.h define the EXTERN macro as
expected, what will be a clean way to add __declspec(dllexport) to the
function definition and yet let the code remain compatible with other
platforms?
Simply introduce new macros in lua.c?

Also, from your description I thought that PD_INTERNAL was reserved for
internal functions or classes, etc. However, when grepping the source of
vanilla Pd,  I did not find the macro being used anywhere else other
than this part of m_pd.h.
What is this reserved for?

--
David Shimamoto