[PD-dev] removing binary mime-type from .pd files in SVN

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Sep 3 15:46:36 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 6:09 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
>> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>>> I wrote pd-diff, which is a minor improvement, it's in pure-data/
>>> scripts/pd-diff.
>>>

>> that sounds great; i gonna have a look at it
>>

> i am having a hard time trying to make it run:
> what is "tail +2" suposed to do?
>
> it doesn't seem to comply to any "tail" i know of.
> mine usually allow "tail -2" (get the last two lines), or "tail -c +2"
> (start the display at the 2nd byte of the input);
> which one did you have in mind?

I guess the BSD one.  http://www.ss64.com/bash/tail.html

-COUNT
+COUNT
      This option is only recognized if it is specified first.  COUNT is
      a decimal number optionally followed by a size letter (`b', `k',
      `m') as in `-c', or `l' to mean count by lines, or other option
      letters (`cfqv').

If there is more standard syntax for that, feel free to change it.

.hc